Project References (LabWindows/CVI)
If it is the goal to develop a small but nice application, if the program has to act deeply inside the operating system, if the customer doesn't care about "how" or "where" but solely about a perfect result - then LabWindows/CVI is our first choice. With LabWindows/CVI programming and software development and LabWindows/CVI training we share our acquired know-how with you.
Analysis Library for Echelle Spectrometer
This library analyzes raw image data taken by an echelle spectrometer and calculates the associated intensity spectrum in several steps. All functionalities required for this calculation (image analysis, matrix calculation, compensation of intensity distortion etc.) are bound into one DLL. This DLL can be implemented in third party programs very easily.
- Implementation of prespecified complex algorithms as DLL functions
- Copy protection
- Optimization of calculation time
- Calculation of base matrix
- Wave length assignment
- Data smoothing
- Intensity normalization
- Crosstalk elimination
- Data reduction
Software development and programming in LabWindows/CVI (National Instruments); implementation as Dynamic Link Library (DLL, 64 bit).
The software of a dated waferprober (Karl Suss) with 15 axes is redeveloped, because the actual control PC goes on the blink and the control software cannot be transferred to another PC. Additionally new customer-specific control and measurement capabilities are implemented.
- Inventory of measurement devices, mechanics, and electronics
- Evaluation and verification of the communication protocol between PC and each axis controller
- Software operation by semiskilled personnel, no special knowledge required
- All panels, dialogs and the whole documentation in english
- Definition of measurement and way point positions on chip and wafer level
- Bundling several chips to one wafer without touching the previously taught positions
- Automatic or semi-automatic test run using the previously taught positions
- Manual operation
- Advanced tools for chip and wafer placement
Software development and programming in LabWindows/CVI (National Instruments). Measurement data acquisition with Micro Ohmmeter 580 and Switch System 7001 (both Keithley Instruments), controlled via GPIB. Axis controller communication via RS485.
Wage Slip System
This software uses MySQL via ODBC to manage incoming factory orders. Time and effort of the associated wage accounting are significantly reduced. A file-based interface transfers all evaluated data into the SAP system. All stock data are obtainable via Microsoft Access.
- Using MySQL as database system
- Connecting to the database via ODBC
- User management (3 levels)
- Possible database access via Microsoft Access
- Stand-alone frontend (no web interface)
- Running under Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- Intuitive and easy-to-use graphical user interface
- Automatic error detection and correction
- Integrated search algorithms for quickly finding certain datasets
- For high data throughput optimized user interface
- Connection to the existent SAP system
Database design in MySQL. Programming the frontend with LabWindows/CVI (National Instruments). Database access via ODBC. File-based data export to the SAP system. Flexible user management, intuitive user interface layout.
Control Software for CCD Rows (CCDControl)
For CCD rows (Stresing) used in a spectroscope we modernized and enhanced the existent software drivers and developed a windows application which now allows to analyze time-variable spectra over any given period.
- Highest constance of time while reading out the CCD row (necessary because of integrating behaviour)
- Minimal sampling rate 10 ms
- Automatic deleting of saturated CCD pixels
- User-defined measurement periods: From 10 ms up to unlimited
- Conversion alignment CCD pixel - wave length
- Online and offline measurement data compression
- Controlling the measurement with an external trigger signal possible
- Remote controlling via DDE for synchronizing with other measurement software
- Usage of 2D and 3D diagrams for displaying measurement data
- Universal driver for several types of CCD rows
- Offline data analysis with commercial software (Microsoft Excel, Microcal Origin)
Software development and programming in LabWindows/CVI (National Instruments). Usage of multithreading and realtime processes. Measurement controlled by multimedia timer and high performance timer of the operating system. Evaluated measurement data are displayed in a combined 2D/3D diagram and exported as spreadsheet ASCII file.
Control of a Pressure Sensor Test Bed
This software controls a test bed, which conducts single as well as permanent tests with pressure sensors. The whole evaluation, realized by enhanced graphics and data tables, is already integrated.
- Communication with external measuring units via RS 232 and GPIB
- Free configurable single and permanent tests
- Using one program for measuring and analyzing tasks
- Automatic back-up at every hour
- Continuation of the last test in case of power failure
- Advanced graphic analysis of the measurement results from different points of view
Software development and programming in LabWindows/CVI (National Instruments). Control and data acquisition with Pressure Control DPR20C (Wallace & Tiernan), Universal Counter HP 53131A (Hewlett & Packard), Scanner 705 (Keithley Instruments), Triple Power Supply PN 300 (Grundig) and DMM 8840A (Fluke) via GPIB, temperature measurement device ALMEMO (Ahlborn) via RS232.
Interactive Analysis of Air and Body Sounds
This multithreading software aquires air and body sound characteristics of rail vehicles. The evaluated parameters are used for an early recognition of material defects.
- CRC-saved data transfer
- Verification and saving the data on the computer
- Assignment of the sound data to the real wheel positions
- Visualization of saved data (frequency and time dependent)
- Search and sort functions for an easier analysis
- Acoustic reproduction of the received data
Software development and programming of two parallel running processes (one for receiving data and one for analyzing the received data) in LabWindows/CVI (National Instruments). Use of ambitious graphic visualizing possibilities (two- and three-dimensional). Sound playback via Windows API.